Around the World Craft and Design Book
Suitable for children ages 6-8
Discover, draw and make artefacts from different cultures around the world in this fun and creative activity book – from beautiful Native American dreamcatchers and colourful Hawaiian leis to traditional Russian nesting dolls and carved Maori pendants.
Lonely Planet Kids’ Around the World Craft & Design Bookcontains a mix of exciting projects that can be made from common household items. Colourful illustrations, photos and fun facts introduce young artists to different cultures and encourage them to create and showcase their unique designs.
- Designing your own woollen mochilas bag from Venezuela
- Carving a Welsh ‘lovespoon’ for someone special
- Building and playing a djembe drum from Mali
- Painting a beautiful pysanka egg from Ukraine
- Decorating a wau kite inspired by Malaysian design
- Making an Indonesian wayang shadow puppet
- Designing a decorative Nguni shield from southern Africa
- Colouring in a totem pole from British Columbia, Canada
- Adding bright colours to crin dolls from Chile
- Designing your own set of Russian nesting dolls
- Making a Hawaiian lei from tissue paper